(US Commission No. SLCE000312 http://www.jewishgen.org/cemetery/e-europe/slov-a-l.html)
Alternate name: Vojnice (Russian Communist name and Batorkeszi in Hungarian. Vojnice is located NE of Komarno. Last known Jewish burial was in 1942. The isolated suburban hillside has no sign or marker. Reached by turning directly off a public road, access is open to all via a broken masonry wall and a non-locking gate. Present size of the cemetery is 300×100 meters. 20-100 19th-20th century marble and granite flat shaped tombstones or finely smoothed and inscribed stones in original locations have Hebrew and Hungarian inscriptions. Within the cemetery limits is a pre-burial house. The property is Jewish cemetery and agriculture. Adjacent properties are agricultural and residential. Private visitors visit occasionally. No threats, but vegetation is a seasonal problem. Possible source: email@example.com (Gary Binetter) [August 2000]
This agricultural village in southern Slovakia was one of the most important Jewish communities in Esztergom County. After World War II, the synagogue was heavily altered. On both edges of this simple countryside synagogue rooms were added, so that locals could use it as a village cultural center. Today, the building serves as a factory hall.